Allergy Today Recipe: Allergy Friendly Instant Chocolate Sauce
Making allergy friendly chocolate options can be a bit tricky due to milk cross contamination. The Gut Friendly Cookbook author Alana Scott’s allergy friendly instant chocolate sauce is sure to be a hit for anyone with a sweet tooth!
It’s perfect for homemade dairy free chocolate sundaes, a dipping sauce for your favourite fruit or as a topping for crepes or pancakes.
Makes ¾ cup
Prep time 2 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
¼ cup rice milk
¼ cup boiling water
½ cup soft brown sugar
¼ cup gluten free cocoa powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp gluten free cornflour (we used Edmonds)
3 tbsp cold water (for dissolving the cornflour)
Top with grated Moo Free Chocolate (optional)
1. Place the rice milk, boiling water, brown sugar, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla essence in a small saucepan.
2. Dissolve the cornflour in the cold water, then whisk through the other ingredients.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until the mixture starts to gently simmer, stirring regularly. Once the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon (instead of running off it), remove from the heat and pour into a sterilised jar.
4. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
5. Enjoy on your choice of fruit, ice cream, crepes or pancakes!