The Gut Friendly Cookbook author Alana Scott says she loves combining the tangy flavours of pineapple and basil salsa with cumin-spiced fish. Try this recipe for a delicious light meal.
Serves 4 | Preparation time 15 minutes | Cooking time 40 minutes
Pineapple basil salsa
2. Cut the potatoes into wedges, pat dry with a paper towel and place on the prepared tray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with paprika and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven until golden (30–40 minutes). Turn once during cooking.
3. Make the salsa by placing all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
4. To prepare the fish, place the flour, cumin and a few grinds of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Coat each side of the fish fillets with the flour mixture.
5. Just as the wedges finish cooking, place a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat the dairy-free spread or butter in the pan, then fry each side of the fish for 2–3 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Serve the fish with the salsa, lettuce and homemade wedges.
Alana Scott is an experienced allergy-friendly and low-FODMAP cook. Her own experience with food allergy and intolerance means she understands how difficult it can be to create delicious and nutritious allergy-friendly food. Find more ideas at alittlebityummy.com